Re: Ex Newington Arms depot ng line

"Chris" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote:

> Does anybody know the future of this line. I believe a short section still
> exists (how much?) from the Parramatta river as the buildings are heritage
> listed. Is it surplus defence dept land and do trains still run there?

According to an article in the LRRSA journal Light Railways a few
issues back, most of the "system" is intact, with only a few sections
at the extremities no longer usable.

I also heard someone talking recently (within the last month) on ABC
radio about development of the Newington depot area as public parkland
and they vaguely hinted that of the possibility of using the rail
system for internal passenger transport.

Cheers,

Bill