Re: More Cityrail Delays

Erk wrote:

<snip>
> You didn't mention ORTA once in the post I replied to and you gave CityRail
> (or CityNoRail as you called it)  a score of nil. That would suggest that
> you personally held CityRail responsible. I'm glad you clarified the
> situation.

Please consider:
	* It is a service provided under the CityRail banner,
	  advertised on stations and their website.
	* It is included in the Bankstown line Olympic timetable -
	  it only ever mentions CityRail.
	* It is a replacement for CityRail train service.
	* All signs directing bus drivers where to turn etc.
	 (these are new signs) are worded 'CityRail Buses".

Taking all this into consideration, is it not a CityRail responsibility?
Even if ORTA organised it (and I have not seen evidence that they did)
we are still CityRail customers and as all signage is CityRail, whose
reputation is compromised other than CityRail.

At least someone has woken up, scrapped the timetable (and possibly the
express buses). Buses are now running frequently and with sufficient
capacity - all they need to do now is to better 'manage' the Lidcombe
stop as it is sometimes used by Bus 2000 service for sponsers etc.

<snip>

> One thing I can say about the Pearce drivers, they do know their way down
> the mountain as they usually do any CityRail work on the mountains and most
> Pearce routes operate down the mountain to Penrith anyway. I'm wondering if
> these services are using the Bus2000 pool based at Regents Park (the ones
> providing the other Olympic services) or extras from the depots themselves
> on a daily basis.

No, they are separate charters - they do not carry the Bus 2000 signage
which the OSV fleet carry.

<snip>

> The staff are supposed to be there for customer service reasons. They often
> assist in the loading/unloading of passengers. Are the buses free? I think
> you will find they aren't........can someone confirm?

They are free, see separate reply to Anita - it is not possible to
purchase a ticket when acess to the TVM and booking office is blocked.

As for customer service and assistance - well ..........