Re: More Cityrail Delays

Peter

|> In relation to bus problems Bankstown - Lidcombe
|>
|> Q) Do CityRail have control over road conditions?
|> A) No
|
|Who said they did.

You didn't mention ORTA once in the post I replied to and you gave CityRail
(or CityNoRail as you called it)  a score of nil. That would suggest that
you personally held CityRail responsible. I'm glad you clarified the
situation.

CityRail (ORTA?) decided to provide a non-rail
|service and published a timetable for such. The lack of buses was not
|caused by road conditions - perhaps the Pearces drivers were all still
|finding their way down the mountains or were following those noisy (when
|in regen), shortened (to 6 cars), and crowed V sets and forgot where to
|turn off.

One thing I can say about the Pearce drivers, they do know their way down
the mountain as they usually do any CityRail work on the mountains and most
Pearce routes operate down the mountain to Penrith anyway. I'm wondering if
these services are using the Bus2000 pool based at Regents Park (the ones
providing the other Olympic services) or extras from the depots themselves
on a daily basis.

|For whatever reason, the service advertised did not occur - there was no
|CityRail customer information.

That is no good.

|Q. Why are Regent's Park and Berala stations staffed when there are no
|trains and tickets are not being sold (the buses are free!)

The staff are supposed to be there for customer service reasons. They often
assist in the loading/unloading of passengers. Are the buses free? I think
you will find they aren't........can someone confirm?

|> Q) Did CityRail underestimate the time required for buses to get in and
out
|> of Lidcombe?
|> A) Probably
|

|They've been practicing nearly every second wekend for the last 2 years.

Aren't we talking about a weekday here?

|> Q) How long will it take for someone to ask what an OSV (Olympic Service
|> Vehicle?) is?
|> A) Not very.
|
|Olympic Support Vehicle (all the buses based at Regent's Park in the old
|RAAF stores). Seem empty most of the time (even when not driving out the
|exit gate 'round the block' to the entrance gate).

I was close!

|By the way, has anyone tried to use the links on www.13150.com.au to
|either leave a comment/complaint or provide site feedback? Both don't
|work with Outlook and if you use the site feedback,
|postmaster@stellarcallcentres.com.au] reports that
|'site.comments@131500.com.au' as recipient name is not recognized.

The website has an additional zero.

Eric