Re: (OT Melb) Re: Connex site runs slow

Glenn J-B wrote:

> Just a little off topic, but it wouldn't matter how fast or slow the site
> was, it has been a useless site since it was "Connexed". Me, well I like to
> be able to look up a timetable, but they have that stupid Victrip thing that
> only gives you trains between two stations on the one line. I gave up and
> went to Melbourne and got the timetables from Flagstaff. At least the paper
> is readable.

VicTrip is a private company contracted (by the State Government?) to
provide timetable information to general public on behalf of various
operators.  In regard to timetables, in the past you wouldn't be able to
see schedules between two lines (eg. Lilydale to Broadmeadows) anyway.
However if this is not what you meant, then I don't have trouble reading
those timetables either.  I have selected two locations and it provides
stopping times for station(s) in between.  Don't forget you can select
to see the timetable for ** ONE DAY ** instead of just a couple of
hours.

> Doesn't make sense to convert a site, yet not have your timetable
> information ready, afterall, if you want people to travel over your network
> you need to give them information at their fingertips. But please don't
> panic, the timetable information will be arriving in October. Not bad seeing
> it officially became Connex in July

Actually November not October, unless Connex has brought it forward that
I'm not aware off ...

Railvic