Re: [All states] O

Just found this one on SMH site...!!!

Maybe Geller is controlling train systems globally...

( http://www.olympics.smh.com.au/news/2000/09/16/FFXI7CVE6DC.html )

David
(no veal)

'I stalled Olympic cauldron': Uri Geller

   8:11AM, Sep 16

   Spoon-bending psychic Uri Geller claims to have solved the mystery of
what stopped the
   Olympic cauldron.

   Geller said he had concentrated his mind to make the Olympic flame to
get stuck as it was
   winched to the top of Stadium Australia during the opening ceremony.

   He said he was at his home in Sonning-on-Thames near Reading in Britain,
when he
   focused on the flame for 11 minutes as part of his vision of global
nuclear disarmament.

   The crown of the Olympic cauldron stalled soon after being lit by
Olympic athlete Cathy
   Freeman and rising out of a pool of water.

   After an anxious wait of around three minutes, the cauldron was raised
by hydraulic lift to
   its final position.

   Geller claims to have stopped Big Ben twice and has made millions out of
his
   spoon-bending activities.

   "My wife Hanna and son Daniel came screaming into the room and told me
what had
   happened," he told the Press Association. "It was unbelievable."

   Opening Ceremony organiser Ric Birch admitted to reporters after the
ceremony that there
   was a "small hiccup" in the lighting. But he said he didn't know what
caused the cauldron
   to stall.

   "I'd have to say in the end although the cauldron certainly stopped and
caused us some
   extraordinary adrenaline rushes at the time, in the end the engineering
team did recover
   from it," Mr Birch said.

   "We don't even know the reason for it stopping yet, so if any media do
we'd be thrilled to
   hear from you."

   AAP