Re: SRA chief executive removed

Simon Lane must be the scapegoat here. We all know that he did not
personally cause the derailments and other accidents. If he has refused to
sack his managers and others down the line then I guess that Scully took the
only course of action open to him. However I think the whole thing is the
result of personnal clashes between the Minister and the Chief Executive of
State Rail.

However, will Ron Christie do a better job? Or should that be will he obey
the Minister? Ron was a former member of the State Rail (or was it PTC)
Board. He then went to Public Works and the RTA I believe before getting the
job of running the Olympic Roads and Transport Authority. I certainly found
a few holes in the ORTA lower management whilst volunteering for them. Other
problems were well reported in the media (Bus drivers getting lost a/c of
poor training and maps).

At best he is probably brought in as a hatchet boy to do the dirty work.
Lets hope that no industrial action follows.

--
Geoff Lillico

"Marvin The Martian" <choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote in message
39FD59DF.4B669804@mailcity.com">news:39FD59DF.4B669804@mailcity.com...
> So when are a few other managers going to get the Arse? As everyone knows
> they read this group, I wonder if they are worried?
>
> David Bromage wrote:
>
> > The chief executive of the State Rail Authority, Simon Lane, has been
> > removed. Carl Scully says he has recommended to the Governor that Mr
Lane