Re: [NSW] Tangara problems

Erk <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
39fd01c6@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39fd01c6@news.iprimus.com.au...

> |> Destination indicators not working
> |> Uncomfortable seating
> |> Yukky windows
> |> prone to derailments and tipping over if that happens
> |> removal of internal emergency exit handles
> |
> |You're confusing "problems" with "opinions". HTH.
> |
> |I actually don't mind them, though I too dislike the clouding of the
> |windows. I thought this was a reaction of the perspex to the solvents
> |used to remove grafitti.
> |

> Indicators that do not work are a problem for passenger information.
>
> Uncomfortable seating is a problem.
>
> Yukky windows are a problem.
>
> Derailments and capsizing are a problem.
>
> It may be my opinion as well but in my opinion, these are problems that I
am
> aware of as a passenger.
>

> --
> Eric
> www.erk.au.com
> erk@erkV69.au.com
> (Remove the V69 to reply)
>
> This post was brought to you with
> the assistance of the shift,
> space bar and full stop keys

Ah youth!!

For those of us who started riding to school in cold and draughty Bradfield
cars, Tangaras are positively sybaritic! In my experience I have found them
relatively quiet, comfortable and smooth.

I think we need to get things in perspective a bit! They are by no means the
worst suburban sets in the world. Many of the gripes which are posted in
this ng are pretty minor in the scheme of things.

Let's see some evidence of safety issues and other major faults which still
remain, apart from the door problems posted elsewhere in this thread. Then
we can really judge whether the sets are worthy of the sort of criticism
beinmg offered.

Graham Smith.