Re: Smooth Ride

In article <39FC2ED8.73070956@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Goldie wrote:
>
> > Today I rode to and from town in a QR SMU.
> >
> > Okay, only a single decker, but you don't get ent smother or quiter
on heavy
> > rail (or light in my experience, which I admit isn't recent.
> >
> > Given almost similar standards in WA, what are NSW doing wrong to
have so
> > many problems (technical and cosmetic).

I wondered if Cityrail's up coming 4GT would be as good as SMU220???
Since they came from the same company (EDI-rail). Would 4GT give
Cityrail user better impression.

> Lack of funding.  The NSW system is firmly entrenched in the 50's.
QR was lucky
> to have a pro-rail government who brought their standards up to the
90's.  For
> example, Sydney has about 25 permanently staffed signal boxes in the
> Metropolitan area.  Queensland has one.

They also had a great leader/CEO,  Vince O'Rourke.

(Who would be the new CEO???  hopefully not Simon Lane)

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/