Re: Smooth Ride

Goldie wrote:

> Today I rode to and from town in a QR SMU.
>
> Okay, only a single decker, but you don't get ent smother or quiter on heavy
> rail (or light in my experience, which I admit isn't recent.
>
> Given almost similar standards in WA, what are NSW doing wrong to have so
> many problems (technical and cosmetic).

Lack of funding.  The NSW system is firmly entrenched in the 50's.  QR was lucky
to have a pro-rail government who brought their standards up to the 90's.  For
example, Sydney has about 25 permanently staffed signal boxes in the
Metropolitan area.  Queensland has one.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au