Re: S Sets & Airconditioners...

mmm....i've been very curious on this since!
I have seen air conditioned Suburban trains with the sealed window (in
other words, one that dosen't have any other windows you can pull open
to let the outside air in) that are suppose to look like a C Set,
instead having K set Target Plates!!!

Today I went to the Paralympics (and it was excellent) and on the way
home I travelled in an S Set, but the carriage I was in was air-con and
the windows were somehow to be "Glued" which we couldn't open.
Also the vents at the Door were patched with metal plates.

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

In article <39F5952F.E44DB70A@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Glen O'Riley wrote:
>
> > What is the go with S sets having air conditioners installed? I
presume the
> > few I have seen would have to be air conditioned as they had sealed
windows
> > like the new K set windows. Can't remember carriage numbers.
>
> None fitted that I know of.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au