Re: S Sets & Airconditioners...

In article <8t65ia$qei$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:
> mmm....i've been very curious on this since!
> I have seen air conditioned Suburban trains with the sealed window (in
> other words, one that dosen't have any other windows you can pull open
> to let the outside air in) that are suppose to look like a C Set,
> instead having K set Target Plates!!!

That would've been a K set. Sealed windows is the first generation K
set whilst the hopper windows (currently glued!) are the second
generation (hope i'm correct)

> Today I went to the Paralympics (and it was excellent) and on the way
> home I travelled in an S Set, but the carriage I was in was air-con
and
> the windows were somehow to be "Glued" which we couldn't open.
> Also the vents at the Door were patched with metal plates.

You were in a K set again, but probably was a composite K/S set, with a
4-car S set at the front with 4 K set cars at the rear.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |