Re: [NSW] Central Platform 26/27

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
39F43A84.79FF1A6B@ozemail.com.au">news:39F43A84.79FF1A6B@ozemail.com.au...
> thebaron@nospam.ozemail.com.au wrote:
>
> > Makes a lot of sense but a lot of peoples trains don't go through there
> > so they would have to get on at central. how long would it need to stop
> > there on the way through? Would this interfere with other traffic
> > on the line??
>
> If they put it on Platform 23, it could sit there for as long as they
like, as
> very few trains use 23.

They would have to rearrange the track arrangements at the western end
then - not sure how they plan to configure the trains, but TGV's in France
(and Spain and Korea) are all longer than the standard NSW platform length
(and we won't even begin to talk about Eurostar, which is 18 cars + 2
motors).

Dave