Re: [NSW] on time running

thebaron@nospam.ozemail.com.au wrote in message
<8t2hgk$21b2$1@pc1762.alcatel.com.au>...
>Well it seems trains don't run late anymore. Sonia eventually
>announced that my train was 'delayed' for 5 min.

Listen closely.  The standard Sonia announcement is something like
"The (pause) twelve (pause) twenty-one (pause) train to (pause) Lindfield?
(pause) is delayed by (pause) six (pause) minutes LATE.  Cityrail apologises
for any inconvenience."  This will be followed immediately by "... eight
(pause) minutes LATE ...".

At this stage, the pauses have consumed three of the six minutes and the
train arrives!

I'm not sure about the sentence construction behind "delayed by six minutes
LATE".

On a related note, the platform 22 DVA no longer sends trains to "the the
Airport" but now has trains stopping at "Bardwell Park then then all
stations ...".

Have the people who were touting competing DVA simulators in this ng
produced Sonia versions?

Rgds

Bill