Re: Newcastle company to refurbish Melbourne commuter trains

Graham Smith wrote in message <39f13709@news1.idx.com.au>...
|Saturday's Newcastle Herald reports that Transform have been subcontracted
|by both Alstom and EDI to provide seats, weather shields, interior lining
|panels and "new nose cones to make the rolling stock look sleek and
modern".
|The company is also providing interiors for the QR tilt trains and Brisbane
|commuter sets, and interiors and front ends for the Millennium trains
|
|Graham Smith

They are going to need more than a new nose cone to make them look sleek and
modern. A good case in point is QR's EMU01 & EMU04. I travelled on EMU01
(both trains have new front ends) while in Brisbane recently and while the
outside looks good front on, the rest of the train is still first series
stuff. I'm sure someone has a URL with this train on it until I scan my
Brisbane pics...

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com