Re: NSW - Continue the Research - Tilt Train

In article <39e52810$1@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote:
> Whilst in Brisbane recently, I went on the Tilt Train (the real one
and not
> CityRail's prototypes>
Interesting thing about QR's tilt train, you wouldn't feel a thing when
the train tilt at the curve. The ride is just like any other train.

> May 1998 - Tangara on side, Concord West. Test failed.
> April 2000 - C8 tested at Redfern, test failed, carriage against wall.
> not long after Redfern 2000 - T47 failed the test but remained
upright (I
> forget the month)
> October 2000 - T30 tries again, 3 cars on side. Test failed.
>
> * What is it with Tangara's and tipping over when derailed? Does
anyone else
> see a similiarity or two with the Wentworthville 1988 fatal
>derailment? *
tsk tsk tsk.....

> As Monty Burns would say to Smithers "continue the
>research..........."

Was this came from the episode where he trialed flying porter monkey ?

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/