Re: ive had enogh

|Andrew Tailby wrote:
|
|> some times i am tired when i get home from working in sydney and having
|> spend 2 hours getting to and from work
|> some of u people try getting up at 5:30am and not getting to bed till
11pm
|> of a night

I don't remember anyone in this NG telling Andrew to live on the Mental
Coast and to work in Sydney. That is his choice. If you are that tired
Andrew, don't post until you are better. Build a bridge and get over it,
Andrew.

David Johnson wrote in message <39F05537.CD1FF857@ozemail.com.au>...|
|I'm not going to pick your post to bits, I am tired after all.  I do want
|comment on this line, however.  Getting up at 05:30 would be luxury.  Some
of us
|would call that afternoon shift!   Personally, I don't like the 02:41
starts
|(get up at 01:40).  I prefer to start work at 17:00 (wake up at midday),
|finishing work at 01:30 and going to bed at 03:00.  We can't always have
what we
|want, but believe me when I say that many of us are fully aware of what
being
|tired means.

There are many definations of tired and many factors that contribute. For
instance, I was rostered to do a 2200-0600 shift at work. I didn't feel
hungry before or during the shift so I didn't eat (my own fault). I knew
that at the end of the shift, I would be ungry and able to eat before
catching my train home. What I didn't know is that at 0558 or so, my relief
went sick and I later found that my offsider's relief forgot to come to
work. Due to the lateness of the notice, my offsider had no option of
staying back and I was on my Pat Malone until I could organise assistance
and ultimately relief. I was so busy that when my assistance came around
0800 straight out of bed and through peak hour traffic, I didn't notice him
come into the room until he'd been there for ten minutes (eating was
definately not an option).  I felt that after finishing at 1015, I'd worked
16 hours (that's no fun, trust me) instead of 12.15. I got home at 1200 and
to wind down, I looged on and checked my aus.rail messages (can I say that?)
and my other newsgroups. Despite this (this is now the whole point of my
post), I still managed to make sense, use full stops, commas, spaces and
capital letters.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com