Re: Photo help - last night @ PLP

Hi There

> I was thinking of getting a camera(SLR type) for the usual gunzelling reasons.
> Not knowing anything about it What would people recommend?<<

Canon EOS are in my opinion the best gear for trains. Been
running them now for 12 years and they are tough and
reliable. Exposure control is fantastic and autofocus  dead
sharp. I'm so impressed with them that I run 5 of them with
the different films and lenses.

The most suitable model for train photting is the EOS 5 due
to it's half stop increments ( not thirds ) and 5 frames per
second motor drive which makes it possible to shoot a
bracket of 3 different exposures in half a second.

A good lens to start with would be a 28 - 105. Soon
thereafter a 70-200 would be needed. If you want to go for
super sharp pix choose the 'L' series fluorite glass lenses.
Bulky and heavy but the results are amazingly sharp.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Greg Triplett