Re: [NSW] "The River"

Erk wrote:

> All you needed to say is that it was a 4 car V set instead of a 2 car set.
> Also, cars are not rostered according to the colour of their front end. The
> trailer cars with cabs on this service were specifdically upgraded for
> services of this type and can work with any older V set power car (and maybe
> the chopper V's, not sure on this one - they maybe semi permanmently in
> pairs like the Garbages).

I understood the description to indicate these were the older Blue Goose driving
trailers, which are now trailers.  The car numbers would have started with DDT,
DFT or DMT.  The upgraded driving trailers all start with DTD.  They are
permanently coupled to their partner, a DTM.  They do not have knuckle couplers
between them - they have a bar coupler.

> It is very unusual to have odd numbers of cars.

I'm not qualified for V sets, but I imagine that they cannot run with odd
numbers of cars.  K & C sets must run as even sets, because the pantograph is on
the trailer cars, and each 2 car set is semi-permanently coupled.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au