Re: [NSW] "The River"

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:
> Yesterday "The River" or else the St Marys to Wyong service, instead of
> a 2 car VSET (I think it's V90 something, probably 98)

Usually run by V96.

> it was hauled by
> a 4car VSET with the kneeboard (Or the indicator board at the front of
> the train) facing in the forward direction. This 4car set was comprised
> of 2x2car VSETs both power cars.

With the STN running yesterday, it was altered to run with 4 cars.

> Today the 4car "River" continues but a bit different.
> The front of the train wasn't the usual "Yellow beak" but instead the
> orange,read and brown front, with the 2nd car a trailer that's in the
> shape of a driver car (In other words a former driver  car now
> converted to a trailer). The car behind this one (3rd from the front)
> was a driver one but had no colour front but a plain grey one.
> and finally the last of the 4 had nothing different than usual.

The converted cars are either DMT or DDT (what others are there?).
IIRC, V96 has a DTD in it.

> P.S. Is it possible to have an odd number of carriages on a normal set,
> 3car VSETs,  5 car Gsets?

I don't think it is possible for V or T/G sets, but I have seen a 7 car
S set
once (Olympic Park, Bledisloe Cup 2000).

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au