Re: Melbourne - Darwin receives boost

> Its also interesting to question what effect the continuing delays of
> this project will have / had have on the sale price of NRC , given
> that any potential buyer will want to know whether part of their
> market includes a line to Darwin or not.

I assume that as the State and Federal Governements are giving the CAR
(Tarcoola - Alice line) to the owners of the Alice - Darwin line then NRC's
existing right of access to Alice will lapse.  This would mean that NRC
would have to negotiate access rights with the new owners so I can't see how
it does anything except reduce the value of NRC?

> There will also be a lot of egg on the faces of the SA and NT premier
> and Chief ministers face if the project bombs.
>
> MD

No way...... they'll just blame private enterprise and the Fed's