Re: [QLD] Rail privatizations.

a n d R e w ; <rods42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
8s8b5i$cnn$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au">news:8s8b5i$cnn$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au...

> "Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> > One would also expect that at some stage in the future ,that
> QR will
> > enter the interstate freight business.
>
> QR have been running TV ads in Qld now and again insinuating
> this - ie railway footage to backing music 'I am Australian',
> plus a brief shot of none other than the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
> But I don't think *privatisation* is on the cards, at least for
> now. Others may know more than me...

QR first aired those ads back in Sept' 99.  It's no secret that QR would
like to get into the interstate freight business, and this is probably one
of the reason why they have stopped referring to themselves as "Queensland
Rail", and adopted the shorter "QR".  *How* they get interstate is a good
question, with them being blocked from bidding for other public
operators....

Perhaps one of the private operators may decide to sell?

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...