Re: [NSW] Tangarra + 3801

To all who replied to this message

Now that's what I like hearing! yes a VSET seat is much comfortable
than surburban trains (Except the tangara, more on that). They're
designed for long distance travel.

During the Olympics I was on a VSET out to the City and at Blacktown,
just across our platform lies a GSET. Someone on the train was pointing
out to the G and saying "That looks like a better train than this"
which then made me want to object! Not quite object, The tangara is one
of my fav's but I'm sure some of yous will agree that you would want to
catch a VSET on normal surburban services right?

-------
On the Other hand most of yous would usually have your fingers crossed
hoping to have a Tangara on your intended service. I also like
Tangara's alot just like a V. When I'm talking about Tangara's I'm
talking about G SETS. I haven't travelled on them much, only a couple
of times. It's noticable of the front with the 3 piece "Yellow Beak"
 ,trailer with the toiler, the luggage racks and also the movable
seating.
-------

Anyway, I'm nearly out of space for this! Don't really want to take up
your time reading

Of course my evolving website "The Intercity Platform" will focus on
V's as well as G's. I also have captured a shot of a VSET Carriage and
a GSET carriage (with a cityrail cleaner in view) which I will put up
on the website.

Cheers
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

In article <K_fF5.35328$bI6.1291375@news1.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 39e58811$0$11636$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39e58811$0$11636$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> >
> > "Dave Proctor"
> > > "Tezza"
> as
> > > they can be rather uncomfortable. (I won't mention the fact that
they
> like
> > > tip over when derailed). I think that the Tangara haters
outnumber the
> > > likers in this NG and train crew but I'll stand to be corrected if
> someone
> > can
> > > prove this.

> > > Only because you have a much bigger cab to drive in.
> >
> > That was only one reason. They're more modern, quieter, have air-
con etc.
> As a
> > passenger I always found the seats, whilst harder, were actually
more
> > comfortable. Not as comfy as a V set of course.
>
> i took some people from Leura to the Fairmont the other night, they
thought
> the seats in the V-set were more comfortable than the seats they were
in
> from Melbourne to Sydney (day XPT in first class).
>
> Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.