Re: [NSW] C3801 - C3804

Rob McKiernan wrote in message ...
>Thanks guys,
>I take it from your repsonses that C3804 was not converted to a trailer and
>it was compatable with later Comeng Cars.....which leads me to.....
>Would the car not be better off with SETS or whoever it is that maintains
>the Heritage Electric cars? It may even get a run!
>The Eternal Optimist.

No no no!
C3801-04 were compatible with the EARLIER Comeng "Sputnik" cars.  Since each
car was a test bed for a different manufacturer's gear, I doubt that any was
maintainable for long.

If C3804 were to have a future in heritage operations, I think it would be a
driving trailer for the "W" set!

Rgds

Bill

BTW, besides T4799 (ex C3803), T4839/40/43/44 ex set S.10 are still running
around.  T4839 still has the glass lenses that covered a red light that was
lit when the doors were open on the "Sputnik" sets S.1 - S.9.