Re: VicGrain predicts massive wheat yield

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:44:20 GMT, lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family)
wrote:

>If I were a public company and losing $5M per day for every day that
>line is closed I would be looking very carefully at who is going to
>pay for my company's losses.......government? union? construction
>company?

There was a news item on TV the other night. A stack of the bridge
girders toppled over on to the scaffolding about 8 hours previously;
one line of thought is that this may have weakened the scaffolding and
caused the subsequent collapse.

This event was captured on video (showing a worker running for his
life!) and the news item showed various people examining the footage.
Cut to an interview with Mr. XXX of Slater & Gordon... now why did I
think they might rear their heads somewhere? Class action here we
go...