Re: VicGrain predicts massive wheat yield

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:36:35 +1000, "Thommo" <mjthom@hdc.net.au>
wrote:

>David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
>39E3D097.E12EE25B@fang.omni.com.au">news:39E3D097.E12EE25B@fang.omni.com.au...
>> [Not strictly about railways, but it will mean more grain trains over
>> the summer.]
>
>FA Had started grain transhipments from Tocumwal last weekend and were to
>continue this week in an effort to clear some of the bunkers "only something
>is now blocking the Geelong line!!! Grrr"
>A small amount is going to Appleton Dock.

What is absolutely insane is that the busiest country line in Victoria
is blocked and is expected to stay that way until the weekend.

As a TOC rep pointed out in an article in The Age, how long would the
Hume Highway have been closed for if the same thing happened there?

If I were a public company and losing $5M per day for every day that
line is closed I would be looking very carefully at who is going to
pay for my company's losses.......government? union? construction
company?

Les Brown