Re: [Melb] Party at Flinders Street

> > Anyone know what was the reason for the party on Platform 10 at Flinders
> St
> > last night?
> >
> > Connex had the 6 car blue train there and some band dressed up in strange
> > costumes with horns on their heads :)
> >
> I think it was a second "6 car blue train" as I saw it at about 9:50pm
> heading on the down Burnley local at Richmond with lights off. I thought the
> set was stabled at Epping overnite?

Nope it was the first set (571M-T-M and 575M-T-M).

If you think about it you are not going to get a train from platform 10
at Flinders Street to Epping without shunting somewhere.  (maybe they
went to Burnley and returned a little later).

The other option would be shunt to platform 12, then through 9A, accross
the ladder track onto the Clifton Hill or Burnley viaduct and then
through the Clifton Hill loop to Epping.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news