Re: [VIC] Dandenong Line Yesterday

Come off it - everybody but everybody is subject to the authority of police
constables and MUST obey directions.  Obviously a PC would take into account
that a train driver probably understands more about the safety issues of driving
a train than he, so is unlikely to direct an unsafe movement if advised that is
the case.  In the example given it sounds as if the police were simply directing
trains to wait until given the go-ahead, and that is quite OK as far as I can
see - its not like they were directing drivers to break regulations.