Re: [VIC] Daylesford (was: [Aust wide] Everyone in aus.rail)

In article <39E1E216.8B0389FE@ozemail.com.au>,
  James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> James C. wrote:
> >
> > *drove to Daylesford to see Central Highland railway
> > Benalla/Seymore to see paralle runs,
> >

> Daylesford isn't that far from Melbourne! :-) It's only about 1½ hours
> from the northern or western suburbs.
It seems so far away with my Ford Festiva...(slow acceleration/rough
ride and fuel inefficiency)

>Either way its a very nice drive
> once you get off the freeways. If some people here are looking for a
> unique railway experience then the CHTR is well worth it. I think 63RM
> is the best restored example of a DERM in the state and the CHTR is
the
> only place you can ride in a Walker railmotor (91RM).
Yep....

I rode it last time and was impressed with CHTR restoration work.
and the Daylseford area itself is veyr interesting as well.

> --
> - James Brook -

> e-mail:
> mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au