Re: Sydney Light Rail .... wishful thinking?

In article <39E20EAC.2808@iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin
<davemclNOSPAM@iprolink.co.nz> wrote:

>> As I watched, I saw "Circular Quay" scroll thru ... wishful thinking,
>> or a sign of things to come??
>
>It was the original plan, but canned by the nice present state
>government after protests from Pitt Street retailers who seem to think
>it would stop people parking outside their doors.

They've stated several times that this is an option only after the
cross-city tunnel comes in, and magically greatly reduces traffic in the
CBD (2004).

--
David J Richardson can be found at borad@bigpond.net.au and borad@mac.com
Giles: The boy's been in a coma for a week. How can this be possible?