Re: Sydney Light Rail .... wishful thinking?

carrington wrote:

> Waiting at an interserction near Central Station and one of the light
> rail trams was stopped on the other side of the intersection, facing
> me, waiting for the traffic lights to change.
>
> The driver took the opportunity to scroll up his destination indicator
> from "Central" to "Lillyfield".
>
> As I watched, I saw "Circular Quay" scroll thru ... wishful thinking,
> or a sign of things to come??

It was the original plan, but canned by the nice present state
government after protests from Pitt Street retailers who seem to think
it would stop people parking outside their doors.

It will probably happen one day.

Was "La Perouse" on the roll? That would be a heart-stopper.