Re: Redundancy @ FreightCorp?

Not necessarily so!
Victorian Government Employees used to get 4 weeks per year of service to a
max. of 20 years, I think.
Kennett, well known for his hatred of workers and particularly Railway
Workers reduced this to 2 weeks and capped it at 10 years.
Freight Australia offered me 2 weeks per year of Service with V/Line which
capped at 10 years equalled 20 weeks, then offered me 3 weeks per year of
service with the new company, Freight Australia. So 23 weeks in all.
Freight Australia is uncapped...three weeks per year of service.
The union in Victoria negotiated with the Kennett Government to transfer our
EBA and Service, Sick Pay etc to the New Owners.
This was a Direct Result of the shocking contracts and Blackmail seen in
South Australia and Tasmania, by Gold Bricking Yankees, here to make quick
bucks.
Freight Australia has in fact, up until now, been good people to work with,
but our trust in them has been damaged by recent EBA negotiations.
I believe the tide has turned, and Freight Australia could be a very tough
place to work in the near future.
Rod [comtrain]

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/