> 39DBC8BA.B3D81956@ozemail.com.au">news:39DBC8BA.B3D81956@ozemail.com.au...
> > Dave Proctor wrote:
> >
> > > "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > > 39D9CA0B.BBB49C52@ozemail.com.au">news:39D9CA0B.BBB49C52@ozemail.com.au...

> > > cars,
> give
> > > some
> > > instead.

> popular.
> > >
> > > 20 minute timetable seems to work on some buses in the Penrith area -
> easy
> > > enough to remember.
> >
> > Perhaps the Melbournites would like to comment re: their 20/40 minute
> suburban
> > timetables?  (Didn't they get rid of them?)
>
> They got rid of the 40's and made them 30's. There is plenty wrong with
40,
> but 20 is better than 30.
>
> Dave

40min trains aren't quite gone from Melbourne yet. All day sunday on the
Cranbourne/Pakenham lines are 40mins, but once they pass Dandenong are timed
to provide a 20min service. Also, Sunday evenings on the Frankston line are
40mins.

When trains are running every 20min I dont try to rememmber the timetable...
I dont mind waiting the 15mins (I can see trains leaving way before I get to
the station), but once there up to 30min timetables, I check the timetable.
I dont rememmber it, as I am fortunate enough to have 5 min walk to tafe
everyday.

Cheers,
Alan