Re: [NSW] Kingsgrove, East Hills Line - Accident, Carriages Lying on Side

It was much better before the sewer overpass was rebuilt.  The transition on
the up line from 1 in 42 rising to 1 in 40 falling was very rapid at
80km/h+, enough to well and truly be felt in the stomach.  Even better in a
standard set (which had to be express from Kingsgrove to reach this speed)
when the driver then took the 25km/h junction with the Illawarra line at the
same speed.  The single deck cars always handled it with great aplomb on the
rare occasions this occurred.

Chris

kkDD5.21570$O7.318489@ozemail.com.au">news:kkDD5.21570$O7.318489@ozemail.com.au...