Re: [NSW]Tangara T30 (was: For Sale)

Simon Lane wrote in message <39E00FA9.B1AED804@cityrail.com>...
>For Sale 1 4 car Tangara slight accident damage but otherwise runs well.
>Only travelled 1,000,000klms going real cheap call 98765432 and ask for
>Simon. Any decent offer considered.

I’m a little surprised that it’s on the market so quickly!

Assuming that it’s the set (T30) I viewed at Kingsgrove on Friday afternoon,
the damage is remarkably slight.  Sure, one wheelset from the eighth car was
left 100m behind the train, and a few windows were broken when they hit the
dirt.

I had another look at a Tangara through the fence at MainTrain on Sunday
(terminal car D6160).  Broken windows and a few dents in the sides, but
significantly no sign of major deformation (compare this with the ex-Indian
Pacific HGM power van also on display at MainTrain!).

I’m quite surprised that this train (assuming the two sightings are of the
same train) is in such good shape.

At Kingsgrove around noon on Sunday, about 600m of the Up line had been
relaid and reballasted, two missing overhead masts had been replaced, a
missing signal was being replaced and overhead was being erected over the
new track.

Rgds

Bill