[NSW] Tangara braking - was: Today (Sat) on 22 plat. Central

David & Tezza,

Is this because of a slower application rate and no blended
regenerative/rheostatic braking or are there other reasons?

How would service versus emergency applications compare at 115km/h when the
slower application rate is less of an issue?

Chris

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39dc25fe$0$11636$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39dc25fe$0$11636$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "David Johnson"
> > signal_spotter@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > > So to increase
> > > headway (ie allow following trains to close up) we need to prove that
> > > you are doing a speed slow enough to warrant reducing the overlap to
> > > 100m and allowing the signal to clear. And that's about 20kmh or so.
So