Re: Hand-worked track trolleys

Pump Trolley is the term I have heard and used over the last 50 years or so
for the type on which you and a mate stood facing each other and pumped up
and down on horizontal handles attached to whatever.

The three wheeled trikes where also common in NSW.

The Sydney Tramway Museum had a trolley which had started life as a vertical
pole type, the pole being attached to the wheels by a crank similar to a
loco driving wheel.  They would have been hard work!

Regards,
Bob Merchant
39d9a2c4$0$12419$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d9a2c4$0$12419$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...