Re: Hand-worked track trolleys

B. wrote in message
<39d9a2c4$0$12419$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
<snip>

>There was also a design of 3 wheeled 'tricycle' trolley where you
>sat on a seat and operated a hand pump as you described above, but
>it appears only one person operated the pump.  I have seen this on
>both 5'3" and 2'6".

And in NSW they had this design on standard gauge. They were generally
issued to stations having signals a long way out and were used to carry the
lights out to those signals. They were quite speedy machines on good track
considering they were human powered and I used to find the trip out to the
up outer home at Roto quite enjoyable.

Barry Campbell