Re: Special from Sydney to Canberra to get AB91on Nov 25

L0L...You mean there *Actually* going to come and get that dam thing
at last, after all the years, its been sitting in the museum up here.

Oh well, out with the pick-axes again (to dig out the flangeways, so
it can be moved out of the No.1 road).
Wonder if the Garrat still moves, (it's parked in front of AB91).

Sounds Like a great trip though.

 Just 1 though, how they going to move it past 'Joppa Junction', since
it *is* a wooden body carriage, as far as I know they can't be run on
the main south???

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:56:09 +1000, "Gabi Cseh" <gabi@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>If you are interested in travelling to Canberra by special charter - read
>on.
>
>A special charter from Sydney to Canberra is being arranged to bring back
>Dining Car AB91 for storage and restoration by volunteers of 3801 Limited.
>
>It is expected that 4918 + FN +SFN +XFS + EFS + HFS will travel non stop to
>Canberra, where AB91 will be attached and returned with the train to Sydney.
>
>Approximately 4 hours will be spent in Canberra to prepare AB91 for travel.
>
>This will allow sufficient time for you to tour Canberra city, and/or the
>ARHS museum.
>
>We are currently investigating the possibility of having a BBQ at the
>museum.  More on this later.
>
>Charter Details:
>
>    Date:                      Saturday 25th November 2000
>
>    Departure:             Redfern No9 platform at approx 7:00am.
>    Return:                   Redfern No9 platform at approx 7:00pm.
>
>    Cost (incl GST):    $80 Adults, $60 Seniors, $40 Children
>
>    Payments to:         "3801 Limited"
>
>                                   TOLL FREE 1 300 65 3801
>                                   Sydney (02) 9699 2737
>
>                                   All Major Credit Cards Welcome
>
>                                   Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
>
>                                   Saturday 8:00am to 2:00pm
>
>    Refreshments:      Free coffee and tea.
>                                   Everything else is BYO.
>
>If you are interested in joining the trip or require more info, feel free to
>contact any of the following 3801 volunteers:
>    Fred Bell        (0415 291 097)
>    Kevin Dodds (02 9639 8771)
>    Gabi Cseh     (0412 411 101 or gabi@ozemail.com.au).
>
>Cheers, Gabi.