Re: NSW - Is it time for one timetable?

To make the system work better split Sector 2 into two parts (not dissimilar
to what was done in the Olympic Timetable).  I think Sector 2 is the cause
of most operational delays to-date (from someone in the know is this right
or wrong?)

Sector 2A would cover:
a) City - Ashfield
b) City - Liverpool via Granville
c) City - Cambelltown via Granville
d) City - Glenfield via Regents Park (there must be a better way
         to service Berala & Regents Park)

Sector 2B would cover:
v) City - Liverpool via Bankstown
w) City - Lidcombe via Bankstown
x) City - Airport Line (generally covered by y & z)
y) City - East Hills
z) City - Macarthur via East Hills

Peak direction flows in the city would be (trains/hour):
Sector 2A = 4(a) + 6(b/c) + 2(d) = 12 trains/hour
Sector 2B = 6(v/w) + 4(y) + 8(z) = 18 trains/hour
(trains via Bankstown could really run as part of 2A or 2B)

ALL 2A trains would use the City Circle Inner
ALL 2B trains would use the City Circle Outer

Minimum Infrastructure improvements required:
i)    A link (underground) from the up local on the Sydney
        side of Redfern to platform 21 at Central (allows 2A trains
        to access CCI without conflicts with 2B trains).
ii)    Modify the flying junctions so up Airport Line trains & up
        Illawarra Local trains can access platform 17 at Central
        (allows 2B trains to access CCO without conflicts with
        2A trains).
iii)    A separate terminating road at Lidcombe so trains from
        Bankstown can terminate clear of the suburban lines
        (underground?) [officially proposed before?]
iv)    Complete 4 tracks Turrella - Kingsgrove ASAP [in
        progress].
v)     Provision of turnback on Beverly Hills side of Kingsgrove
        between up and down locals (Airport Line turnback?)  [Is
        Kingsgrove turnback still being built as part of (iv)?].
vi)    Grade separate Glenfield Junction.
vii)    Reinstate/install terminating roads at St James (both ends)
        for emergencies and additional flexibility)

Desirable Infrastructure improvements:
vii)    3 or 4 track (for CityRail trains) Glenfield - Campbelltown.
viii)   3 track Cabramatta - Liverpool.
ix)    Rolling stock storage in addition to Eveleigh, Flemington,
        Liverpool, Campbelltown & Mortdale.

As for sectors 1 & 3???

Chris

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
om1C5.54361$A4.1696748@news1.giganews.com">news:om1C5.54361$A4.1696748@news1.giganews.com...
> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 39D87EDF.4EB1B078@ozemail.com.au">news:39D87EDF.4EB1B078@ozemail.com.au...
> > Dave Proctor wrote:
> >
> > > "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
> > > 8r6q9v$8qr$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8r6q9v$8qr$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> level
> > >
> > > Liverpool via Granville has very few - one at Firfield, one at
Liverpool