Re: NSW - Is it time for one timetable?

According to an official CityRail document "October 1996 Timetable
Review" (dated late 1995), it is not feasible to have one train every
15 min on the Richmond line, primarily due to the large number of level
crossings (hmm...what about the Liverpool via Granville section???) but
also the huge amount of time it takes to send trains up there, in
addition to the single-tracked sections, and minimum 7-min turn around
time for suburban runs.

In article <gIzB5.14341$O7.195491@ozemail.com.au>,
  "Paul Jones" <jonesclan@free.net.au> wrote:
> > It will be impossible for the entire Richmond line to have a minimum
> service
> > frequency of 15 min due to the single track sections.
>
> Not any more. It used to be possible, but a bit of a tight squease.
Now that
> there is a loop at claraden a service every 15 mins is possible. If
trains
> didn't run late, a service every 10 mins should now be possible. (An
> educated guess...)
>
> --
> ----------
> Paul Jones
>
> "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
> > It will be impossible for the entire Richmond line to have a minimum
> service
> > frequency of 15 min due to the single track sections.
> >
> > <sarcasm> The Bankstown line has a very uniform 15 min frequency
and is a
> > model that all other lines should follow </sarcasm>
> >
> > "ROBERT SCHROEDER" <bobschroeder@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> > |
> > | Are you being serious or is this another Joke posting?
> > | Obviously city stations would have very frequent trains if all
> > | suburban stations were serviced every fifteen minutes.

> timetabling
> > a 15
> have
> > trains