Re: [NSW] Closing ceremony transport

Yep, I was at the domain. I know getting a train from any of the city
stations was a lost cause, so I hurriedly walked to central, where I boarded
the 11:48 mt.vic service (which left at 11:59). Got there 18 mins early, and
was filling quickly. By the time it left, it was totally full with people
sitting in the isles and everything. we made a 30 second stop at Strathfield
as no one could get on or off. as it was I only just managed to get off at
parramatta to change to a Richmond train. (Which I might add was for the
first time ever still crush loaded at Riverstone at 1:05 in the morning...).

Every other train I saw was the same, and according to mum most of the city
stations were closed because there were too many people.

Also there was a 20 min delay to most trains. was this a runnon effect
caused by the closing ceremony running late??

--
Paul Jones

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
39d71cda$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d71cda$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> * Most up trains were very well loaded or even had crush loads from 2pm.
Up