Re: AD - NSW New V Set Pics on my website

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3A265E07.44B8BE83@ozemail.com.au">news:3A265E07.44B8BE83@ozemail.com.au...

> Originally built commencing from 1970 in conjunction with the extension of
> electrification to Gosford, the double decked interurban sets (some of the
> early carriages had non-vacuum
>       brakes so were known originally as U sets to identify them as
> different from the later vacuum braked trains - hence the name V set)
>
> ?????????

Agreed - he has got it arse-about. The original DDIU's were targetted U,
since U was the designator for IU trains (no mucking about with different
designators for different types back then - U for both DDIU and SDIU). It is
the "V" sets that were targetted differently to distinguish them.

Dave