Re: spotted the Q?

Yeah your right, it was CLP8 and JTA2-C.  Sorry about that, slip of the
fingers.  I was at the end of the consist and didn't see the G&W logo, and to
top it off I didn't have a camera with me (wasn't expecting something like
this, but in Melbourne now we've got to be ready for anything).  In agreance
with your earlier message, the crew really were nice and helpful with
everything. The way one of them was talking it was nice to use, but he couldn't
see any difference in performance over their CLP's.  Does anyone know if they
have different gear ratios or something?  You would think a 4000Hp loco would
outperform a 3000Hp loco on most conditions, wouldn't you?

Another interesting thing they mentioned was that they would try and get out by
8 to beat the SCT train if possible.  Apparently with 4000-4500 tonne on every
time out of Melbourne, it has a very bad habbit of breaking couplings on its
way through Melbourne and over the Adelaide hills.  I really don't blame them
wanting to avoid any possible delays.

In article <8vl3bm$h6s$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, james_ccj@my-deja.com says...