Re: [NSW] 48 class on a Pass service (well sort of)

There is a picture of this train on page 6 of today's SMH (and at
<http://www.smh.com.au/news/0011/24/national/national1.html>).  The engine is
48108.

Geoff> I would certainly hope that someone in authority gave permission.

>From the picture there appears to be at least two officials in the gondola
along with the passengers so I suspect that permission has been granted.  As
for there being no roof or roll bar, given the state of the river being
crushed by the gondola if the train derails will be the least of the
passengers concerns.

Malcolm