Re: Carr blames Fahey for Airport Link bill

"Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@eisa.net.au> wrote in message
8viitj$ar2$1@news.eisa.net.au">news:8viitj$ar2$1@news.eisa.net.au...
> Stuff Transfield who I believe own the stations as they have plenty of
money
> to throw at one another in stupid court cases.  Let the operator fold and
> close the stations, City Rail do not care as they can still use the tracks
> as substitute for the proposed Illawarra Line amplification project.  Or
> make an offer to buy the stations at a close out liquidation price like
> happens in the real world when a company becomes broke.

Can't do that when there are contractual obligations for one party
(CityRail) to buy them at market value. Whoever wrote that contract should
be shot (if on the CityRail side) or paid a huge bonus (if on the AL side).

Dave