Re: Yaraka and Hughenden/Winton

In article <3a1ba2bb$0$19417$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Kerry W" <kerryww@hotmail.com> wrote:
> For the most reliable and up to date info call the station master at
Emerald
> for the Yaraka train information and the Hughenden SM for W/H info.
Do not
> call QR reservations to ask for info on these trains. I did that once
and
> the girl told me that trains didnt run to Yaraka and there was no
station
> there.
>
> I did the trip to Yaraka recently and put up a web site at
> http://yaraka-mixed.tourguide.net
> Lots of pics. Enjoy.
>
> Kerry Whitfield

Very interesting train it is! I certainly didn't know Yaraka "TGV" is
airconditioned:-)

Recently Central Qld townships/tourist operators express they wish QR
or any operator can run a weekly service supplyment to Spirit Of
Outback. Maybe to promote this mail train would be the solution.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/