Re: Connex loses another customer

> We catch the train from Lilydale so we get it bad too.  Not only do
we stop
> at Camberwell and Glenferrie now of a morning, but in the afternoon
we also
> have to stop Glenferrie, Camberwell, Laburnum, Nunawading and
Hetherdale - 5
> more stops.  Still, not bad for the younger members of the family
such as
> myself who want to get home from Swinburne (Glenferrie.)  However,
for some
> reason Connex seems to think that Camberwell is the centre of the
earth.  I
> really can't figure why so many trains need to stop there in peak
times.

Tony could probably argue this one better than me, but there are a lot
of people in that Ringwood corridor who work in the Camberwell area.
Camberwell is also the transfer point for Alamein trains and should be
where people wanting stations between Richmond and Camberwell change to
a stopping train. Youre not going to make them sit on a stopper all the
way from Box HIll, are you?

I suppose a case could be made for one or two super-expresses in the
peak that don't stop at Camberwell. Maybe they shouldn't stop at Box
Hill either if they can be filled up by Ringwood.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.