Re: [Melb] French trams for the city's Paris end

"Robert Lee" <robsl@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
euCS5.40555$SF5.729189@ozemail.com.au">news:euCS5.40555$SF5.729189@ozemail.com.au...
> >Are there any spots where the approach of a tram will actually trigger
the
> >lights to turn red against traffic on a cross road (as opposed to just a
> >turning/service lane like on Burwood Hwy)?
>
> The answer is yes. Zurich has such a system throughout the centre of the
> city. The idea is to privilege tram passengers over motorists. I'm not
> certain, but I think the same is true on the St Denis line in Paris and it
> may well be the case on a number of the new French tramlines like
> Montpellier and Strasbourg.

I actually meant are there any spots in Melbourne. But thanks; there are
locations in Melbourne now such as St Kilda Road where trams undoubtedly
carry many more people than the cars on the road do, where this technology
could (and should) be used.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia