Re: [Melb] French trams for the city's Paris end

> Oh, to answer the second part of your question :-), apart from the light
> rail lines 96 and 109 where train-style priority is given to trams when
> crossing roads, I don't think there are any instances of tram priority in
> Melbourne. There are many intersections where trams will trigger right hand
> turn arrows to clear cars turning right ahead of them, but these don't
> include changing the sequence in favour of the tram, against the traffic on
> the other road.

There are a few places where a train in its own right of way will
trigger lights to turn in its favor.

Victoria Street (109).
Burwood Hwy (75)

A couple others, but I can remember them all (but they are all places
where the tram is in a right of way or entering/leaving a right of way).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news