Re: how many cityrail employees can you fit into a drivers cab?

$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> >   "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
>
> > > It was a useless recomendatiuon, widely ignored.
> >
> > No it wasn't. Another person, who is not the driver,
> > can interfere with
> > the drivers concentration, to the point of not paying correct
attention
> > to signals.
>
> > Such as the fireman? The Driver Trainer? The Buddy? An Inspector?
>
> > > So you're saying we should have DOO on everything? Yeah, much
safer -
> > NOT.
> >
> > DOO is safe, providing the support systems are put in place
>
> There are none in NSW.
>
> > for the driver. Or are you saying that you need someone to hold
your hand to
> > look after the big mean train?
>
> They don't have any systems in place in NSW for DOO.

You could always try taking a radio & turning it up loud :)

The reason for having driver aids is to prompt the driver, not replace
him. It's because people are usually human and make mistakes, they're
there to catch them.

> > the system, and these fail, THEN and only then should another
> > driver/guard get in the cab.
> > >
> > > In the case of freight, there should always be 2 up the front.
> >
> > Why? You havn't provided a reason...  Do you just get lonely?
>
> See above.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.